Monday, September 20, 2010

Annoying Coffee Shops

I love, and I mean love, coffee shops/coffee. They're always so quirky and make for the perfect place to study. One coffee shop in particular is hands down my favorite. They serve legit coffee and it's always filled with studying students. I love this place.
Today, however, I'm not a fan.

Patrick and I don't get the chance to spend as much time together now that I'm living with my parents, which is 30 minutes away. He has a meeting in Hattiesburg today at 4:30 so I chose to stick around the 4 hours after class in order for us hang out. No big deal, especially since I have lotso' homework.

I arrive at Java Werks and it's packed. Not with students, but business men. Loud business men, might I add. I try focusing on some assignments for my journalism class, but I can't even think straight. Even with Local Natives Pandora station ringing in my ears, I still can't think past the loudness going on behind me.
At least my coffee's superb.

As of right now, I'm debating a major change. Not a major change as in a BIG change, but a school related major change. I'm not enjoying journalism as much as I thought I would. I don't like deadlines. I do love my political science classes. I love them so much that I actually look forward to class and I'm honestly sad when the lectures come to an end at 9:50.
I may be the University of Southern Mississippi's newest political science major. Who knows?

That's my life at the moment. School, school, school.
Study Time
It's a love/hate relationship.

That's the relationship between my car and I too. The AC decided to go out Sunday afternoon. In comparison, I'd rather streak across campus than drive to school in that heat. If you think you know what hot is, come to Mississippi; it's hotter than hot.
But hey, at least I have a car.

I could use your prayers at the moment. I've been given the opportunity to go study in France next semester AND go to Uganda next summer. My heart longs to go to Africa. I love Africa. No, I really LOVE Africa. I can honestly say I would sell everything I own to go to Africa. The Lord has put a special place in my heart for it. I pray that I can find the funds to go. I just want to love on people. I also want to study in France. I'd love to do both, but that may be a little too much.
Africa>studying in France any day.

I hope your day is wonderful!

-Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment