Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Summer Goals

The beauty of summer break lingers in my mind the moment school becomes too intense. I long for summer to be here. In three short weeks, my wish will be reality. In the spirit of the coming summer break (and the summer post from Danielle), I thought I would share my goals for summer 2011.

1. Read more.
Ever since the days of elementary school I have compiled a reading list for the summer. Books are my getaway. I love to escape into the lives of the characters. It's like a mini vacation. Since college started 3 short years ago, I haven't had the time to read like I want. This summer I dedicate to reading. I need more books in my life.

2. Summer school.
This is my first summer to commit my life to summer school. I'm nervous/excited/not looking forward to having school for an extra month. I'm sure it will be worth it though. My goal is to stay motivated and do well in school this summer.

3. Ride bikes.
I've recently been emerged into a new community of friends since I moved colleges. These friends love bike riding and have pulled me into their favorite past time. It's now one of my favorites. I want to ride bikes as much as possible. Hopefully I can ride with my bff Andrea and take her sweet baby Lucy on a picnic.

4. Yoga.
Dancing has been a part of my life since the age of 3. I love the graceful fluidity of the movements and the opportunity to express yourself through motion. Two years ago I stopped dancing and I miss it. I'm hoping to become more involved in yoga this summer. I want to regain my strength and flexibility and start dancing again.

5. Stay positive.
Speaks for itself. I want to stay positive for my family, friends, others and myself. Just call me Positive Polly.

6. Attend Cornerstone.
For the past 6 years I have wanted to go to Cornerstone Festival, but never had to chance to. This summer will be the summer that I get to experience cornerstone, even if I have to go by myself.

7. Love more.
All I want to do with my life is love people. I've spoken it many times, but never really lived it out. I close myself off to love from others and only love others to a certain extent. This summer I want to embrace love and embrace others with love from the Lord. He loves us so.

8. Sew.
I adore sewing. I adore pattern making and sewing even more. I want to make time for sewing again. My taste in fashion doesn't agree with my wallet, so I'm hoping to make most of the cute dresses and skirts I want for the summer months.

9. Attempt to tan.
The Italian genes didn't help my complexion any. I'm beyond fair skinned while my dad is very dark and my mom is far from transparent. I don't tan, I burn. Most summers I give up on tanning, but this summer will be the turning point. Just watch.

10. Play music.
Music is the most inspiring thing to me. I love it all, and I want to make time to play and write more.

Come on summer.
Don't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment