Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm coming home

You heard it right folks. Come May I will be moving back to the Magnolia State. I'm so ready for some southern hospitality and Nana's sweet tea (I'm also requesting your famous chocolate cake, nana.)

My time with Invisible Children has become a monumental part of my life. I've grown more and learned more than I ever thought I would. Needless to say, I'm so sad it's drawing to a close. Doors close and others will open, and I'm so excited for the next chapter of my life.

Today my teammate Kristin and I were laying in bed (we slept until noon. Can I get an amen?). We were chatting about life and what it's going to look like after IC. We both have our own struggles and hurdles to get over, but Kristin shared something so beautiful with me. When the Red Sea parted for Moses it didn't part before he stepped out. The sea parted when he stepped out. He stepped out on faith and God followed through. Powerful.

We have to remember that we need to have vision. Vision for what we can't see because what we can see isn't actually what we're going to get.

I'm stepping out on faith. I don't know what I'm doing other than going to school, but that's okay. I have faith that God will show me the way. I just need to take that first step, give up control and trust.

So friends, be in prayer for me as I finish this chapter and start a new one. I need your support. It's going to be a big difference going from living in a house with 64 people to living in an apartment by myself. I'm going to miss the adventure and the challenge, but that's one thing IC has taught me. Life is an adventure. Find the refreshing joy. Live a life that demands explanation. The adventure starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment