Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 2 & 3

I slept until 11 o'clock yesterday. I honestly haven't done that since I was in middle school, possibly even elementary school. In the Mooney house, we are early risers. The perks of being raised on a farm.

My workout regimen was to be lazy. It wasn't intentional, but the late sleeping caused it. I had to be at work at 2 (which is half an hour away) and I had a phone interview with Invisible Children at 11:30 (more on that later). Working out had to wait.

I've always heard that working out releases stress (hello endorphins) which can cause you make healthier food choices throughout the day. My food choices yesterday weren't awful, but healthy is an understatement.

Breakfast: Special K with nonfat milk

Lunch: ham sandwich on wheat bread with cheese and mustard
some squash casserole my grandmother made

Snack: Chess square, 16 oz. nonfat honey and sugar free vanilla latte

Dinner: peach, pear, apricot, lemonade smoothie (I promise it's delish)
chicken caesar salad on mixed greens with almonds

I didn't let my cravings for junk food completely take over. Hey, it's okay for a little splurge, right?
That's what I thought.

Today I started with a bowl of oatmeal with fresh bananas. After reading my new Seventeen magazine (yes I still read Seventeen at age 21, don't judge), I was motivated to work out.

I decided to keep going with the Couch to 5k program I started a few weeks ago and never finished. I will run three miles, eventually.

I planned my lunch to be a smoothie with fresh fruit, maybe a side salad.
Dinner is unexpected, so let's play it safe with lunch, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment