Saturday, May 21, 2011

Raw food diet

My sweet tooth overpowers my will to eat in a healthy manner. It's true.
Remember yesterday when I said I read that when you work out it reduces stress so you tend to choose healthier food choices? I proved this wrong yesterday.

I work at a coffee shop, which means a lot of baking goes on. It's so hard to NOT taste a sample of what you're baking, right? 1 oatmeal cookie, a baby orange blossom muffin and a ritz dilly later I was regretting my food choices. Once you start out eating unhealthily it's a continuous downwards spiral. My motto is "I'll start eating healthy tomorrow."

After work I continued with my bad eating habits. Mexican with Brooke (kids cheese quesadilla, beans, rice, loads of chips with salsa, queso dip and loco dip) means I ate way too much. We then proceeded to The Loft to hear Cary Hudson play which led to a beer and some sweet potato fries with a side of ranch dressing. I failed miserably.

I'm not someone to beat myself up about these things. Today is a new day. While blog surfing I came across this post from Lauren over at busy bee lauren. I was suddenly interested so I checked out her busy bee: eating raw blog. She recommended a book, which I automatically bought, to jump start a raw food diet.

I researched a raw diet some and it seems to be the way to go if you want to lead a healthy lifestyle. Some of the perks include:
  • effortless, abundant weight loss
  • glowing skin
  • improvement and eventual elimination of acne, psoriasis and eczema
  • improved skin and internal tissue quality
  • reduction and eventual elimination of visible cellulite
  • increased energy
  • fewer colds and flus
  • improved muscle tone, strength and endurance
  • improved sleep patterns
  • improved positive attitude and a calmer disposition
  • increased mental acuity
  • natural healing throughout your body
I guess the saying's true, "you are what you eat." I'm taking Lauren's word for it, raw food will be my next venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment