Sunday, May 22, 2011

Simplicity // Kingdom of the Poor

Today was such a beautiful day that I couldn't not post an outfit post. I've been contemplating doing one for a while now, and last week my friend's Kayla and Brooke inspired me to give it a shot with their outfit posts.

I woke up late (as usual) so I had to go for an effortless look. I threw on this comfy, cotton maxi dress, braided one side of my hair over and decided it was a good day to wear my Kingdom of the Poor feather.

Kingdom of the Poor is a beautiful ministry started by John Martin Davis and his wife Brooke. They simply do what the body of Christ should do by extending their hands to the poor and needy. The strand this feather is attached to was made from blankets used by the homeless in Tent City, Mobile, Alabama. No, they didn't take the blankets away, but replaced them with new blankets. They then take the blankets and made feather hair pieces and bracelets. It's such a beautiful way to raise awareness and funds for this ministry.

Dress: WetSeal
Necklace: Forever 21
Feather: Kingdom of the Poor
Shoes: Shoe Carnival

P.s. Check out this post from Kyla Roma.

No comments:

Post a Comment