Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What's for dinner?

Never have I ever had to watch the amount of money I spend. I've lived with my parents for almost 21 years and they handled all the bills. Of course I had to come up with my own spending money and pay the occasional phone bill, but they always supported me financially.

Two weeks ago I moved out on my own. I pay the bills, I buy the groceries and I support myself (kind of). I go to school full time and was recently hired to work part-time at a pageant dress boutique. Money is running low and rent is due soon, plus our electricity bill. Needless to say, Erin and I are being savvy with our spending. When I go grocery shopping I play a game that I can't buy ANYTHING over $3. You and I both know this cuts down options especially healthy items. (We try to be as health conscious as possible.) So creativity is a must when preparing
meals at our house.

Tonight as I was making my dinner, Erin jokingly said I should blog it. I later thought about it and considered it not a bad idea. So consider it an every day blog post; the musings of a broke food lover.

Tonight it was sweet potato patties, dirty rice and a bean burrito. (Excuse the burrito, it got in a fight with the microwave.)

Surprisingly this combo was great and quite filling plus I have leftover rice and sweet potatoes. Score.

On another note,
Modest Mouse is the best music to crochet to
and I bought new socks today.


What's for dinner at your house?

-Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment